By Gary York
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Death Investigation at Limon Correctional Facility
- Downstate Correctional Facility inmate beating: 3 charged, 2 guilty
- Inmate who set Tallassee store on fire escapes from Elmore County center
- Corrections Department Announces Implementation of New Sentence Automation Software
- Work-release closer to new home
- Department of Corrections Creates Canine Unit to Search For Drugs in Prisons
- Larned warden out Wednesday, Department of Corrections confirms
- Stephanie Lopez behavior record in prison
- Escaped SC inmate captured, back behind bars
- New software is latest effort to prevent errors that led to early release of hundreds of Nebraska prisoners
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum Health Systems President and CEO Charles Faris to Retire in July
- GTL Sets Annual Record for Visitation Management: Leads Industry in Combining In-Person...
- Assessing whether an electronic monitoring program is right for you
- Spectrum Hires New Executive Director to Lead Rapidly Growing Inpatient and Residential...
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
CCA is Now Hiring Treatment Counselors and Treatment Manager in San Diego, CA!
Corrections Corporation of America
Juvenile Corrections Officer
Kansas Juvenile Correctional Complex