By Gary York
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Gov. Inslee looking for alternatives to sending state female inmates to Yakima County jail
- Corrections accidentally lets 2 inmates out early
- $50,000 reward posted in case of NYC correction officer killed while sitting in car
- Sheriff's office honors civilian employees
- Two drug dealers escape Connection Corrections in Uptown Butte
- Signed out of prison but not signed up for insurance, inmates fall prey to ills
- Director of Idaho Prisons Resigns
- How Connecticut became a model for prison reform
- ME: Amber Hilberling's Prison Death Was A Suicide
- Police nab suspect accused of punching officer, pushing him down stairwell
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Spectrum Health Systems President and CEO Charles Faris to Retire in July
- GTL Sets Annual Record for Visitation Management: Leads Industry in Combining In-Person...
- Assessing whether an electronic monitoring program is right for you
- Spectrum Hires New Executive Director to Lead Rapidly Growing Inpatient and Residential...
- Corizon Health Awarded Two New Contracts
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Comprehensive Care Nurse Practitioner I/II
County of Orange, Health Care Agency
Corrections Corporation of America is Now Hiring at Coffee Correctional Facility in Nicholls, GA!
Corrections Corporation of America