By Robert Winters, JD, Professor, School of Criminal Justice, Purdue Global University
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Correction officers remain hospitalized after Yonkers shooting; grief counseling offered
- Rapid City woman organizes first female-led anti-meth rally in prison
- Grant aims to aid prisoners re-entering rural counties
- Child killer serving life sentence in Idaho prison dies by apparent suicide, IDOC says
- Inmate faces new charge after Chenango Co. corrections officer assaulted
- Westmoreland County Prison inmate dies after suicide attempt
- Sheriff: Inmate assaulted corrections officer in attempt to reach another inmate
- Computer tablets boost inmate education and behavior
- Death Row inmate seeks new trial in 2008 murder of Auburn student Lauren Burk
- Inmate Drops Through Ceiling During Failed Prison Escape Bid
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Joe Russo, Director, Corrections Technology Center of Excellence, funded by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice. Joe addresses the use of GPS tracking of offenders, methods to search computers owned by offenders and additional corrections and law enforcement technology under development by the center.
The website is http://www.justnet.org .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was May 31, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Pierce County Sheriff's Department
Deputy (Detention Officer)
Ada County Sheriff's Office