By Jeffrey E. Keller MD
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Crow Appointed as Interim Director of ODOC
- Dwayne Clark named next director of Louisville Metro Corrections
- 10 inmates quarantined after possible mumps outbreak in Harris County jail
- PA program for inmates answers growing demand for green jobs
- Inmate Walks Away in Dodge County
- Inmate Killed at Miami Correctional Facility
- Inmates at The Nevada Department of Corrections Raise Funds For Homeless Veterans
- BLM and NV Dept. of Corrections host trained horse and burro adoption event
- Man plows through abandoned Tennessee State Prison in stolen vehicle
- MN DOC in need of more corrections officers
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Jackson County Department of Corrections
Washington State Department of Corrections