By Terry Campbell, Professor, Purdue University Global
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Third inmate captured after escape from Canton correctional facility; two remain at large
- Des Moines Man Helps Released Inmates Re-Enter Society Through I.M.A.G.E. Program
- Senate Bill Would Count Prison Population at Home Addresses for Census
- 16 inmates facing criminal charges linked to attack on correctional officers at Souza-Baranowski prison
- Police Investigate Death of Inmate at Erie County Prison
- Atlanta DOC launches ‘Love Our City’ community improvement campaign
- Wilmington PD connect inmate to a second murder
- Parole denied for inmate convicted in local shooting
- Red Onion inmate gets six years for death threats against federal judges
- Jefferson County Will Release 27 More Inmates Early
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012