Leading Suicide Prevention Organization and Correctional Health Care Experts Release Suicide Prevention Resource Guide
By The National Commission on Correctional Healthcare & The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Autopsy: Columbia County inmates died after exposure to fentanyl
- Inmate dies with just weeks left on his prison sentence
- 84 basic correctional officers to graduate Wednesday
- Ga. Dept. of Corrections hosting job fair in Hinesville
- Charles Daniels named Nevada corrections chief
- High Desert State Prison Investigating Inmate Death as a Homicide
- Missouri River inmates teaching service dogs through Canine Assistance Program
- Illinois Corrections Sets New Social Media Policy for Staff
- Inmate serving death sentence dies at Oklahoma State Penitentiary
- Escaped inmate back in custody in Lincoln
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012