Improving healthcare and rehabilitative efforts for juvenile offenders through the use of technology
By Michael Jakovcic
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Georgia Executes Man Convicted of Killing Convenience Store Clerk
- Police searching for escaped inmate from Adams County Prison
- Inmates raising sagebrush to help lands destroyed by fire
- New Center Addresses Recidivism By Connecting Former Offenders With Resources
- Police: Inmate attacks fellow inmate
- Condemned Inmate Spencer Brasure Dies of Unknown Cause
- Inmate found dead in south Georgia jail cell
- Authorities in western Ky. searching for escaped inmate
- Virtual job fair helps inmates find employment before prison release
- Cell Block 7 prison museum to permanently close
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Correctional Officer (Full-Time & Part-Time)
City of Delano
Corrections Officer I
Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility