By Jeffrey E. Keller MD
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Nearly 500 women prisoners relocated after gas leak at Kansas correctional facility
- Louisiana corrections secretary Jimmy LeBlanc honored with innovation award
- SCI Retreat Community Comes Out in Force to Keep Prison Open
- Two inmates at men's state prison in Concord test positive for hepatitis A
- Investigation into death of 2 Parchman inmates
- Incarcerated Women In DC Draw Inspiration From Day-Long Empowerment Conference
- Director Harold Clarke receives award honoring Colorado DOC leader killed in the line of duty
- Pennsylvania will stop keeping death-row inmates in indefinite solitary confinement
- Two stabbings at Oak Park Heights Correctional
- Nebraska seeking inmate volunteers for free transfer to 'home state' prisons
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012