By Robert Kravitz, President AlturaSolutions
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- New Warden for Riverton’s Wyoming Honor Farm
- Iowa man who killed his 2-year-old son in Ames in 1970s dies in prison
- Nebraska Supreme Court upholds dismissal of execution protocol challenge
- 2 Nevada prisons locked down over reported threats to staff
- Support for SCI-Retreat overflows at hearing
- Woman who left drugs for jailed boyfriend to get treatment
- To Keep Inmates From Coming Back, Colorado’s Prison Chief Wants To Ease The Culture Shock Of Their Release
- Alaska considers effects of prisoner transfers out of state
- 'Career Criminal' Dies at South Dakota Prison
- Benton sheriff investigated after female county employees file complaints
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012