By Shaheed M. Morris, New Jersey Department of Corrections
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- CDCR Starts Chlorine Water Treatment Process at Stockton Correctional Facilities
- Inmate apprehended after fleeing southeast Oklahoma prison
- Police: Patient kills other patient over loud radio at psychiatric facility
- Infirmary inmates moved from Lewistown to Boulder, state says
- Garland County jail full, closes to women with misdemeanor cases
- ‘Sadistic’ details emerge as DA charges Corcoran prisoner accused of murdering cellmate
- Judge sentences former prison inmate who jabbed a shank at corrections officers back to prison
- Scotland County inmate dies in prison
- Alcorn County deputies search for escaped inmate
- Father, son charged in death of inmate who overdosed on fentanyl picked up from trash can
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Corrections Officer I
Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility