By Robert Kravitz, President AlturaSolutions
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Coffee County inmate accused of hiding drugs in his body
- Department of corrections to build mental health facility for inmates
- Harnett Correctional officer stabbed by inmate
- Man walks away from Billings prerelease center
- Police: Mom told details of son’s lurid death to fellow inmate
- Inmate dies at San Diego Central Jail
- Homeless inmates raise health concerns at El Paso County Jail
- US appeals court affirms Oklahoma inmate's death sentence
- Work furlough inmate sought by authorities after leaving facility
- CrossFit In Prison: Inmates Finding Strength, Redemption
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Corrections Officer I
Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility
Law Essay Writing Services UK
Essay Writing Services