By Jeffrey E. Keller MD
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Missouri lawmakers vote to ban shackling pregnant prisoners
- Inmate charged with assaulting detention deputy; Wigham already facing charges of attempted murder
- DOC taking steps after mumps 'outbreak'
- Helena inmate accused of breaking window in county jail
- Officials: North Carolina inmates attack guards at 2 prisons
- Death row inmate who set woman on fire claims her attorneys were ineffective
- Inmates get a chance to explore creativity with the Wichita County inmate art program
- Floyd County Prison Inmate Found with Cellphones
- 6 officers injured in inmate assault at Mid-State Correctional Facility
- Pennsylvania's newest, most expensive prison is finally ready - and inmates are dreading it
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Flex Link Receives Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Component Recognition
- ConnectNetwork® Expands User Experience with New Photo Messaging Feature for Mobile Dev...
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
New River Valley Regional Jail
Full Time, Part Time, & PRN LPN Opportunities In Ocala, FL
Centurion of Florida/MHM Services, Inc.