By Robert Kravitz, President AlturaSolutions
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- DUI inmate in cell with killer dies amid housing woes
- Inmate admits to falsely reporting murder plot against local judge
- Search underway for missing Gaston County inmate
- Inmate at ADC dies
- Man convicted of killing carnival boss executed in Alabama
- Substance sent to DC jail that put 7 in hospital is synthetic cannabis not fentanyl
- Georgia executes man known as the 'stocking strangler'
- Family Connections Center Receives Large Book Donation
- Staff Member Recovering from Assault at California State Prison, Sacramento
- 1st Georgia execution of 2018 set with 'stocking strangler'
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Flex Link Receives Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Component Recognition
- ConnectNetwork® Expands User Experience with New Photo Messaging Feature for Mobile Dev...
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
New River Valley Regional Jail