By Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Benton sheriff investigated after female county employees file complaints
- Polk Sheriff On Captured Murder Suspect: "He Knows How To Kill People Real Quick"
- Sheriff: Double homicide suspect claims two people he killed in Winter Haven were 'number 7 and 8'
- Douglas County Corrections inmate dies
- Violent clashes erupt as Spanish court jails Catalonia leaders
- Former inmate files civil complaint after alleged jail attack by corrections officer
- Lesbian corrections officer settles lawsuit against Michigan Department of Corrections
- Felicity Huffman reports to prison to begin serving time in college admissions scandal
- Proposed Kew Gardens Jail to be 19 Stories, City Shortens Jail Ahead of Council Vote
- Cyntoia Brown-Long to Lester Holt on her release from prison: 'There's nothing special about me'
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012