By Robert Kravitz, President AlturaSolutions
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Third inmate captured after escape from Canton correctional facility; two remain at large
- Des Moines Man Helps Released Inmates Re-Enter Society Through I.M.A.G.E. Program
- Senate Bill Would Count Prison Population at Home Addresses for Census
- 16 inmates facing criminal charges linked to attack on correctional officers at Souza-Baranowski prison
- Police Investigate Death of Inmate at Erie County Prison
- Atlanta DOC launches ‘Love Our City’ community improvement campaign
- Wilmington PD connect inmate to a second murder
- Parole denied for inmate convicted in local shooting
- Red Onion inmate gets six years for death threats against federal judges
- Jefferson County Will Release 27 More Inmates Early
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
$6,000 Sign On Bonus! Registered Nurses (RNs) needed in Florence, AZ!
Centurion/AZ Department of Corrections