Tales from the Local Jail: A Good Mentor Is…. Part II
By Gary F. Cornelius, First Lt. (Retired)
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Virginia to end pandemic-related early release for prisoners
- Kentucky Prisons to Reopen for Family Visits June 20 After Closing Due to Coronavirus
- High Desert State Prison Officials Investigating the Death of an Inmate as a Homicide
- Condemned Inmate Lumord Johnson Dies
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Announces Reduced Cost of Telephone Calls for Incarcerated Population
- Department of Corrections Inmates back in Custody after being placed on Escape Status
- Bloomington father convicted of killing young daughter in 1998 seeks new trial
- Corrections facilities rollout COVID-19 vaccines to inmates and employees
- Two Lakeland prisoners charged in September drug smuggling plot
- Inmate reported missing from Community Corrections Center - Lincoln taken into custody in Omaha
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Archive Podcasts | Click to download
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Love Marriage Specialist - Marriage Spell +91-8146591746
Love Marriage Specialist
Xổ Số Miền Bắc