By Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- State officials report death of inmate at Warren facility
- Wife drives husband back to jail after he was mistakenly released in Colorado
- Jobs give female inmates sense of value and chance at fresh start
- Marion County Jail embraces iris-scanning technology for inmates
- Needle exchange program at Kitchener women's prison begins today
- Law enforcement seeks walk-away from Butte Pre-Release Center
- South Dakota inmate dies after surgery
- Slippery Suspect In Jail After Hiding Heroin Beneath Cop Car
- New Warden hired at Wilcox prison
- Garfield County Jail inmate believed to have died of natural causes
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Corrections and Custody 1
Washington State Penitentiary
NURSE PRACTITIONER - State College PA Area
The GEO Group