By Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Two workers sickened at local state prisons not believed to be drug related
- Corrections names Dawn-Renee Smith as deputy director
- Concerned About New Prison Policy, Attorneys Halt Mail To PA Inmates
- Jackson County inmate dies of apparent suicide
- Prisoner indicted in 2001 rape of 9-year-old in Las Vegas
- Deputies And Inmate Suffer Minor Injuries When Transport Van Rear-Ended
- NY inmate-artist's golf course drawings lead to release
- Local program helping inmates begin recovery from addictions behind bars
- Louisiana inmate re-captured after escaping Elayn Hunt, DOC officials say
- Lake County jail inmate found dead in cell, sheriff says
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Human Resource Coordinator
Food Service Officer
Ada County Sheriff's Office