By Joe Bouchard
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- UPDATE: Escaped inmate caught in Columbia County
- New Dept. of Corrections position helps connect inmates with potential employers
- Georgia puts inmate to death for man’s 1996 shotgun slaying
- Rutgers, NJ Department of Corrections receive Program of the Year Award
- Men serving life sentences in Wayne County face new charges following TBI investigation
- Prisoner sentenced for severely assaulting Lexington correctional officer
- Iowa inmates join effort to plug workforce shortage, housing gap in new prison program
- Florida Inmate Pleads Guilty to Mailing Threat to Prosecutor
- Inmate Dies After Suicide Attempt
- Sixty-eight inmates receive high school diplomas at Central Utah Correctional Facility
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012