By Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Inmates charged for guard attacks at 2 Arkansas prisons
- Inmates make up 1 in 5 on Thomas Fire lines
- Floyd County Jail inmate charged with creating a riot
- Inmate in custody after walking away from Stockton correctional facility
- Florida names Corrections security leader as state CISO
- Pecan pie, other items found in prison contraband shakedown
- Inmate dies at Columbia hospital
- Alaska jails want more flexibility to grant inmate furloughs
- Former death row inmate in Arkansas released on parole
- Inmate revived after apparent overdose at Cumberland County Courthouse
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Flex Link Receives Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Component Recognition
- ConnectNetwork® Expands User Experience with New Photo Messaging Feature for Mobile Dev...
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Correction Officer Recruit
Louisville Metro Department of Corrections
Clinical Supervisor - Savannah
Spectrum Health Systems, Inc