By Jim Dawson & National Institute for Justice
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Wisconsin Corrections reentry summit to encourage businesses to hire former prisoners
- Maricopa Reentry Center members join local church for Easter service
- Fatal plane crash in California prison yard involved one-of-a-kind plane
- Cities Try New Ways to Help Former Inmates Find Housing
- Program that helps released Arkansas inmates in need of donations
- Inmates smuggle drugs, weapons into Whatcom’s jail. This is how deputies catch them
- Florida House Approves Lower Minimum Age For Corrections Officers
- Condemned Inmate Miguel Angel Magallon Dies of Unknown Cause
- Former mob boss Frank Salemme moved to medical prison facility
- Manhunt continues for North Carolina prison escapee
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Securus Technologies Fortifies its Government Payment Services
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- GTL Video Visitation Technology Provides Friends and Family Increased Frequency of Cont...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
The program interviews Joe Russo, Director, Corrections Technology Center of Excellence, funded by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice. Joe addresses the use of GPS tracking of offenders, methods to search computers owned by offenders and additional corrections and law enforcement technology under development by the center.
The website is http://www.justnet.org .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was May 31, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily