By Leonard A. Sipes, Jr.
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Iowa Dept. of Corrections looking for work release escapee
- 14 Alabama inmates graduate from new prison seminary program
- St. Albans man charged in murder of off-duty correction officer: DA
- Parenting class for female inmates - newest program in effort to end cycle of incarceration
- Escaped work camp inmate caught in Idaho Falls
- One Injured After Inmates Escape Cells At Oklahoma Co. Jail
- Bel Air Inmate Dies At Harford Detention Center
- Linn County inmate turns himself in after failing to return to jail
- Procession for corrections officer who died months after inmate attack, takes place Monday
- Two workers sickened at local state prisons not believed to be drug related
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Pierce County Sheriff's Department
New River Valley Regional Jail