By Gary F. Cornelius, First Lt. (Retired)
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- State prisons showcase apprenticeship programs
- Meet the new Alabama Corrections Academy graduating class of 2018-03
- In-custody death at correctional facility
- Escaped inmate on the loose in Tennessee
- Colorado Department of Corrections: Media Release on Staff Assault
- Escaped Inmate Apprehended After Search
- Former Delaware Death Row Inmate Who Beat Sex Trafficking Case Arrested
- Chronic Alcohol Abuse Blamed in Death of Topeka Inmate
- Inmate confesses to 90 deaths; investigators corroborate 30
- Oregon jail inmates drunk on hand sanitizer escape work crew on ATV, deputies say
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
Interviews with Women Currently or Formerly Under Supervision Are Available
National Research on Women in the Justice System Available-Call for Factsheet
Recent Radio Show on Women Returning from Prison at:
Women in the criminal justice system have higher rates of substance abuse, physical and sexual violence, HIV, mental health and unemployment issues per national research. Approximately 7 in 10 women under correctional supervision have minor children.
Who: Current and past women under supervision, The Court Services and Offender
Supervision Agency, the US Attorney’s Office, the US Parole Commission, D.C. Healthy Start
Consortium and the Fairview Residential Reentry Center.
What: Speakers and Information Sessions
Where: Temple of Praise, 700 Southern Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20032
When: Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Why: The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and allied organizations have implemented a comprehensive plan to increase services to women offenders. The annual Women’s Re-entry Forum is part of that plan.
Navigating Your Journey:
- Positive Reentry
- Economic Independence
- Education, Training, Employment, Nontraditional Jobs
- Dress for Success
The portal site for “DC Public Safety” is http://media.csosa.gov./ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was January 23, 2014
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Law Essay Writing Services UK
Essay Writing Services
Ada County Sheriff's Office