Accreditation - pros and cons>>what's your opinion?
Id be willing to bet the newer inmates are more violent due to the result of society in general. More fatherless households,economy,Government policies that does not promote working over dependence on government. There are many social issues also including more violence (raw) in the entertainment industry, idleness among the teenage group due to “child labor laws”....
Correctional Officers – EGO and CurveballsCarl ToersBijns
A serious reflection of your life and career is a powerful tool for many who achieved success in the long run. Looking back at one of my worst setback in my career, I would have to be honest and glean the fact that I let my ego get in the way of making a good decision versus a bad one at least more than once...
Also this week:
Entry Level Corrections Officer
The Oak Harbor Police Department is building an eligibility list for future positions. Salary Information: (2012 Wages) Base salary range from $3,974 per month (entry) to $4,967 per month after 5 years. Education incentive and longevity pay available. Benefit Information: 100% Medical, Dental, Vision benefits. Paid Sick Leave (8 hours per month) and paid Vacation leave (12 days per year with longevity increases). Eleven Holidays per year...
full job posting
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jun 21-25, 2014 – National Sheriff's Association Annual Conference and Exhibition - Fort Worth, TX
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. "
– John Lennon