>> what's your opinion?
In our facility we are allowd to utilize mechanical restraint (Hand cuffs and leg irons) but only so after we have utilized and exhausted all other methods that are listed in our policy and procedure manual with regards to a acting out or assaultive and or self abusive juvenile resident, as they are called in our facility. Crisis intervention techniques, verbal de-escalation, then video camera monitoring of their behavior, if all of these fail then we are authorized to enter a cell and physically engage the juvenile offender and secure them in mechanical restraints until they can contract/agree to have the ability to maintain a level of self control...
view full thread
At NCCHC’s 2018 Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care, Joel Federbush, MD, and Allison Genberg, LCSW, CCHP, presented their talk on predictors of violence and using collaborative efforts to reduce use of force against inmates with mental illness. Dr. Federbush’s discussion of factors associated with violence provided the theoretical backdrop for Genberg’s case study of use of force at the Passaic County Jail in Paterson, New Jersey...
read full story
Also this week:
The job duties of the Corrections Sergeant include but are not limited to assist with the overall supervision of the County Jail; to ensure that the living conditions of the inmates are maintained in a humane manner; to ensure that the inmates are granted their constitutional rights; to coordinate and oversee the training of all the correction officers and evaluate their work; ; to enforce all federal, state, and local law resolutions; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public...
>> view full job posting
- May 17-20, 2018 - ASCA Southern Region Meeting
- Jun 05-07, 2018 - ASCA Western Region Meeting
- Jul 15-16 - Correctional Mental Health Care Conference
- Jul 29-Aug 03, 2018 - 2018 United States Deputy Warden's Association Annual Conference
- Aug 02-05, 2018 - ASCA Summer Conference
- Aug 06-08, 2018 - 21st Annual NGCRC International Gang Specialist Training Conference
- Sept 19-20, 2018 - ASCA Midwest Region Meeting
- Oct 09-12, 2018 - 2018 CMI Correctional Products Trade Show/Conference
- Oct 11-12, 2018 - Breakthrough Strategies for Working With Youth in the Juvenile Justice System
- Oct 14-17, 2018 - 2018 Women Working in Corrections & Juvenile Justice Conference
- Oct 20-24, 2018 - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
If you do not think about your future, you cannot have one.
- John Galsworthy