>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

preparing for S.O.R.T.

Subscribe to preparing for S.O.R.T. 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Strength training, cardio and lung capacity are the general norm. Go for jogs/runs and when you get where you can do good distances without getting winded start running with either a gas mask or swimmers mask and snorkel on. Looks and sounds goofy but it helps build lung capacity and endurance. Lots of departments actually require you to do part of the test with your mask on. Ankle weights are also a good idea. Work on full body strength. Upper, lower and core, 50+ pounds of equipment (depending on what your department issues) gets heavy and saps your muscles in a hurry. Being a little off in the head and liking pain also helps. I say that because your mental state is just as important. Go in with a positive attitude, the mindset you won’t quit and you can overcome whatever comes at you and your chances will improve greatly. I’d say out of those who don’t make it almost half are from mental breakdowns. They lose focus and morale to quickly from not preparing themselfs mentaly as well as physically.

A02582 large1 FedCO1044 6 posts

I would like to hear from fellow and current S.O.R.T. members, but any suggestions will be appreciated. We are soon to start a S.O.R.T. team at our complex before we activate our pen. Im curious to know what would be a good day by day plan to follow to get into top shape for the obstacle course and everything that comes along with the entry test?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015