>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Washing your hands

Subscribe to Washing your hands 12 posts, 9 voices

Login to reply

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Well the staff at our facility have a 6 inch rule. if food falls within 6 inches of the floor it is lost. I know I wash my desk and keys/equipment regularly. I also wash hands before and after the rest room and before eating. I know the population here has a high hepatitis concentration though we rarely have MRSA or other outbreaks and handle them quickly when we do.

Download vingchang 5 posts

I hate when ppl eat something without washing their hands…….feels like ewwwwwwwww

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Well in that case I’m going to treat it like last call at the bar and double wrap it on the dirty ones.

Flag shakey 191 posts

Oh come on, wearing those silly gloves, is like wearing a condom, you just can’t get that sensitive feeling that makes it feel just right.

This is why I often set my boots in the garage in a pan with a lil bit of bleach and water mix to kill whatever might have been picked up walking around.

Female user mta7035 33 posts

The inmates and there cells aren’t the only places where germs dwell. Much too often there are bacterial breeding grounds in the general environment because of funding shortages to maintain buildings properly unitl problems pop up. Not letting small anitation issues become big ones is the best method of preventing health problems.

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Yea good call there are a lot of creepy crawlies around here and you don’t realize all the ways you could contract them.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Just a suggestion for my fellow COs still on the job. If you wear short sleeved shirts be careful about putting your arms on jail bars anytime. We had one supervisor get MERSA from that. Stay safe.

Ugh…thats gross. Here I’m so freakin paranoid at work I was my hands before and after going to the restroom. I couldn’t imagine searching anything or anyone without gloves on in a correctional environment.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Why on Earth would want to touch one of those creatures with your bare hands. As you have said Jamestown they have every disease known and diseases probably yet to be discovered.

Dream car BridgeportCO 63 posts

I refuse to even search a property box until I have gloves and I won’t do anything without them.

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

I knew a CO who would strip search an inmate with his bare hands. I about had a fit every time he did that by telling him that every disease known to man is in a jail and why in the hell would you do that when we have gloves?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015