>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Female going into corrections

Subscribe to Female going into corrections 26 posts, 20 voices

Login to reply

Female user Redirish86 1 post

Id like to give some back ground and get your guy’s opinions. I am 27 a mom of 2 … I have worked consistently aside from this last year due to our move. All of my jobs have been people oriented and often in the construction field I was an HVAC estimator for the prior 3 years. I get along very well with nearly everyone and I’m a hard worker.. my concern is some might say I’m too good hearted… I grew up in a home where my parents fostered children from any and ALL walks of life and I have heard just about every horror story. I think I’m in decent shape (not fantastic) 5’5 150lbs.. I’m active and enjoy staying busy. I would be considered conservative. The position I’m applying for is in a city detention center. They house apprx 60 inmates (seems small) we are in a smallish area of about 40k… I’ve been scouring the internet read awful horror stories but want opinions. I love that the position is 3 -12s I love that it has benefits and I love working with people I’m not judgmental and have no chip on my shoulders. Do you think its worse to go in too soft or go in hardened??? I don’t want to go forward if I really would be a bad fit. Please advise, and thanks!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2021 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015