>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

PO Work; Got Tips?

Subscribe to PO Work; Got Tips? 5 posts, 5 voices

Login to reply

Female user teresa 1 post

I was very excited to read everyones view points. I will graduate with my BA in Nov. and I am looking forward to the career of being a probation officer. Is there any possible advise that I can can from anyone to help me with my goal to become the best probation officer I can be?

Male user Neal 4 posts

Best place to start would be either the website for the American Probation and Parole Association (www.appa-net.org) or the National Institute for Corrections (www.nicic.gov). Either can provide you with good background material.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Best of Luck.

Female user suzi 1 post

Hello….I was a MO PO for five yrs, a few years ago. It was an excellent introduction into criminal behavior for me. However after assuming large caseloads and relatively low pay considering the amount of work, I was very disheartened. The experience definitely looks good on a resume, if you can handle the amount of pay and work expected. I wish you luck and an open heart.

Female user CJCurious 1 post

I’ve just finished the final round of interviews for a MO State PO job. I have a good feeling that I’ll get the position, but since my degree is in Psych I feel like I need to brush up on basic CJ theory & terminology. I know that most of my training will come on the job, but I like to be prepared as possible, so can anyone give me info on any websites, articles, books, etc. which may serve as a crash course into CJ/PO work?

While you’re at it, can you give me an idea what to expect during the probationary year on the job?

Thanks!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015