>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

new to this site/corrections rookie

Subscribe to new to this site/corrections rookie 13 posts, 8 voices

Login to reply

Male user Squeeze 135 posts

Seriously though, once you get some good experience, earn the respect of your fellow officers, continue your education if you wish you can go anywhere you would like and get a job. I would rather hire someone with some good experience, good record and smarts than a new guy off the street. When I run out of those I’ll hire them off the street.

First and foremost: You get paid!! secondly you have job security as long as you do your job proffessionally. I gave up chasing the NFL dream for security due to kids coming first. If your lucky your days will be filled with boredom 99% of the time and 1% classroom learning. But that won’t happen, it’s a pipe dream. OK, 4% terror, 1 % classroomand 95% boredom. Then if you survive and aren’t concerned about quality of living you may end up with a pension and modest retirement. In the mean time you rear your 6 children to be productive citizens, have 2 dozen grandkids you can’t get enough of because you are spoiling them rotten to the point that they do to your children what your children did to ,you and the cycle goes on.(payback you know). then when all is said and done you look back and say to yourself: Self, it was a hell of a ride, then with a little more reflection, you say: I should have gone after the NFL:-(

We can do it OfficerNew 10 posts

Hi there fellow rookie. I get sworn in on Monday. I go by the moniker Officer New. So, happy I finally found good pair of shoes. It only took four pairs which were purchased, three of which were returned. The salesman said, “shoes are like relationship- they are never going to get better. How they are in the beginning is how they will stay”. I went with Magnum Stealth Force and hope they will provide comfort and endurance for my long shifts. Tell me about the best aspects of the job?

New to corrections, LEARN from the old officers, they have aquired the wisdom to have survived this long. Also leasrn from those that don’t seem like they are rIghT (you know…Rihgt) and learn how not to operate. Verbal skills are at a premium but carry your self with confidence as inmates sense that right away. My prayers are with you and join us in this unique endevour.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Fallow policy and procedures you can’t go wrong doing that.

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Welcome to the funhouse. Listen and learn and you’ll do fine.

Female user bayouDCO 1 post

Hi.. New here to corrections. Still in classroom training. Wishing for the best and hoping that I make it out alive during the training phase

…… And if you look 45 degrees over your left shoulder you’ll see the shower house, also refered to as “the love boat”. If your lucky you’ll never witness what goes on in there. To the opposite side would be the rec yard. Notice how we don’t have a slide or monkey bars. Thats due to budget cuts, also the governor needed a raise to pay for his new BMW so you’ll have to make due with worn out equipment and used uniforms. Straight ahead is the commissary area. Here is where all the good little boys and girls can buy all kinds of useless crap for way cheaper than any law abiding citizen can. For some reason soap on a rope continues to be the biggest seller. Around the corner to the right is the chow hall. Yes the scent of turd broiling in chicken broth is normal. Try not to breathe in to much, the study on long term effects hasn’t come back yet. Over there is the shift office. Thats where you’ll go to have the administration shoot down every concern and idea you come up with. So if you ever feel like making a difference go voice your thoughts in there, the feeling will go away quickly. Also you’ll spend a lot of time in there hearing about all the complaints inmates say you did. Everything from shaking them down to much to touching someones butt. Fun stuff huh….

Flag shakey 191 posts

And if you look to your left, you’ll see that the fire exits are located at the front and rear of the building. Please keep in mind the supervisor will need to verify that the fire is indeed a fire before the exits can be utilized. Screams from you are permitted as long as the inmates are not negatively affected by them. If you’ll look to your right you will see what Mick has mentioned “The Mad House” we’ll save that tour for a later date.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times. Remain seated with your butt clenched till the ride comes to a complete stop. Thank you and enjoy your time on the ride of corrections.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

As Shakey said welcome to the Mad House

Flag shakey 191 posts

Oh my god, he ate the red pill….

Just kidding..heh..heh

No really, I’m just kidding. Welcome aboard, please buckle up and enjoy the show.

Male user almighty90s 1 post

Hello everyone. This being my first post on here..I’d like to introduce myself. I started my career in corrections 2 months ago at Miami Correctional Facility in Indiana. after 4 years of college and an enlistment into the Army I believe I have found a job I truly love(now. I know your thinking, 2 months? Not enough time to see the negative aspects) however I am certain this is something I want to. make a lifelong career out of. I’m going to be turning to these forums often for advice, tips…etc, anything that I can use to my advantage so thank you all in advance.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015