>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Just Asking.....

Subscribe to Just Asking..... 30 posts, 14 voices

Login to reply

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

About the interaction, Correctionator, this is pretty much it. I know people who read the posts in here but never post themselves and have never even registered.

Male user Correctionator 8 posts

I’ve been in corrections about 6 years but just have gotten involved in forums and online resources. I hope there’s more interaction than this because I feel I still have a lot to learn.

Oldpics 229 COGrim 25 posts

This seems to be a common thing with corrections forums. I actually came here because I was looking for an alternative to another forum I frequent. It’s the same way there- lots of looking, little contribution. I’m not sure why this is. Maybe C.O.‘s are just used to being in the background and aren’t as forthcoming when it comes to speaking out about the job. Maybe too many are just in it to get a paycheck and too few are committed to the job and the culture. I don’t know. As for myself, I’m a dedicated C.O. and proud of my job. I use a lot of my spare time learning more about corrections and the law so I spend a fair amount of time in forums like this. I’m one of those guys who likes to read and respond- but I only do so if I have something of substance to say. I don’t post for the sake of posting. So you won’t see a LOT from me- but what you do see I hope is a good contribution.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

No. There are plenty of forums for the type of thing that you wish to talk about. Good and dedicated Correctional Forums are few and far between. And if you start to dilute a forum with non relevant topics you end up with nothing more than an advertising site.

Lion Comfortably ... 154 posts

If we could only get someone to mute your posts that are irrelevant to this site….

hehehe!

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

I would assume that it’s because this is a site for Corrections and Correctional related subjects and not interactive games or fantasy worlds

Well well well. Hiya, Axelfox. I asked for responses, and you did. Thanks.

Thanks, lissy7. I agree and occasionally peep this site while at work, but generally don’t have the time. There are very few forums I can access while at work because of the filters on the ‘puter. I look at new posts here now and again while at work, but I wouldn’t consider posting while on the job. Reading an article is one thing, but it would be difficult to justify why I was messing around and posting on the internet if something happened.

Female user lissy7 3 posts

I almost always only visit this site at work. If anyone questions my computer usage it looks and feels legitimate, I just don’t think I should respond to forums at work. I recently registered and I am visiting this site at home so I fully intend on posting more. The reason I read the forums, it validates my slightly warped perceptions; it really isn’t just me!

Both responses make sense and are appreciated. Thank you.

How about those of you who are reading this post right now? How about you, Dave? Or you, Denise? Chrissy? Anyone? Just passing through? Don’t think you have anything to contribute? Don’t care?

Female user too many years 2 posts

I read everything and enjoy most comments. This is the first time I registered though. Just never thought of it.

Northwest hounded police animated avatar 100x100 90714 prznboss 44 posts

I just post when I’m goofing off at work, which is RARE (that’s for the benefit of those monitoring my computer use!) I rarely get on the internet at home except for paying bills.

This post has been viewed more than 2,000 times. Seven people made a response. If you’re reading this, why do you not respond to this or other posts? I’m truly curious.

Yeah, that half life thing……. : D

Male user WHS 13 posts

I check in about once a week or so and honestly, don’t find too many topics that are all that interesting. I have only responded to a couple, and that’s about it. I mean, I don’t really have time to tell you what I really think about half-life… lol

Thanks onyour6. I’m here for the same reason you are… to learn.

Thin silver line onyour6 3 posts

Mudflap, I think great it’s great that you spend as much time as you can to contribute to this. If it wasn’t for guys like you all of us new guys would be at a loss.

Thank You,

Your NH Brother,

onyour6

I read just about every new post but don’t respond to a lot of them. Some I don’t have any answer for, some I have no knowlege of the subject matter and others simply don’t grab my interest. And I’m not on the computer all day every day. Few people I run with are.

I’m involved in some other forums (not only corrections based) and there are times that I’ll log in and find a whole bunch of new posts, and by the time I’ve read them there will be a dozen more. It’s difficult to keep up with everything and I’ve long ago cut back on how many forums I’m in.

But it surprises me when someone asks a question and doesn’t get a single response, so thanks to all who took time to comment.

As I previously stated earlier in this forum I am new to corrections, I have just been hired as a C.O. I used own my own business that relied a great deal on forums for advertising and gathering information. I have found that people in general do not bother taking the time to reply to posts unless it directly involves them and thats on a good day. The other thing is that there are private forums for Corrections ONLY. This may another reason why people do not post. Also, one of the first things you learn in corrections is do not give out personal details about yourself.

I really enjoy this site and in time it could be very large, but right now we only have 464 registered users from all over the country. I think all of us need to spread the word and get other C.O.’s involved in the forums.

Hope some of what i’ve said helps.

Male user OCCD 57 posts

I think this site offers alot as an educational tool. It also creates a strong community forum which is sorly lacking in this field.

I occasionally peep this site out while I’m at work, but like Goldenbelmont I don’t normally have time to do much more than that. I’ve been looking the site over while I’m at home and I’ve been learning that there is a lot more to this site than I thought there was. When I click on something in this site at work it won’t go through… I get an error message. When I click on something at home I find all kinds of stuff. Access to the internet while at work is very limited. Something about the way the computers are set up. I just figure the brass (understandably) don’t want us surfing the ‘net when we’re supposed to be working.

Male user Goldenbelmont 3 posts

I tend to visit this site when I’m at work and posted around a computer. I enjoy coming to this site as it gives me something interesting thats work related to read during down times. I dont get to post any responses due to the lack of free time I have.

Thanks, onyour6. Another good point.

Mudflap I am new to the corrections field and have been trying to soak up as as much info as possible. This may be the case with others as well. Being new I followed the golden rule “kepp your mouth shut and your ears open.” I am really find this forum helpful and will contribute to it when I have useful thoughts. Thanks guys!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015